Yorkshire Evening Post 15th November 2015 “A new link road providing improved access to Leeds Bradford Airport could cost as much as £75m, it has been revealed. Public consultation on three options for easing traffic congestion around the airport is about to start and estimated price tags for each of the schemes have been announced for the first time. The figures on the table are:
* Up to £75m for the construction of a new road from the A65 that would run alongside the eastern edge of the airport before joining the A658 to the north
* Up to £50m for a new road that would follow the same initial path from the A65 between Rawdon and Horsforth but would then run to the south west of the airport before joining the A658
* Up to £15m on upgrading the existing A65 and A658 roads around Rawdon and Yeadon.
Leeds City Council says it is also examining the possibility of a rail link in the long term in connection with the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and Leeds Bradford Airport.
- Leeds Civic Hall, Tuesday 24 November 3 to 8pm
- Horsforth Mechanics Institute, Wednesday 25 November 1 to 4:30pm
- Horsforth St Margaret’s Parish Centre, Friday 27 November 3 to 8pm
- Greenacre Hall, Rawdon, Saturday 28 November 12noon to 3pm